Tripadvisor has another one of those top-10 lists out, this time the top 10 pizza joints in the U.S., as chosen by its users.
Nice try here, Tripadvisor, but if pizza joints in New York (and all right, maybe Philly and Jersey also) don't occupy the entire top 10 list, that list is not reliable.
One of the (few) things I truly miss about living in Arizona now is the unavailability of good pizza -- which is however made up for by the availability of great authentic Mexican food.
Well-meaning friends here keep recommending various pizza places in Tucson that are said to have pizza like New York -- sorry, none pass the test, including the very good (but not really up to New York standards) Brooklyn Pizza joint by the University of Arizona campus.
And sorry, bujt there is no such thing as decent "Chicago-style" pizza. Does not exist.
Anyway, the Tripadvisor list:
1. Lombardi's, New York City
2. Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder, Chicago
3. Modern Apizza Place, New Haven, CT
4. Flour + Water, San Francisco
5. Vito's Pizza, Los Angeles
6. Pizzeria Regina, Boston
7. De Lorenzo's Tomato Pies, Trenton, NJ
8. Dewey's Pizza, St. Louis
9. Tacconelli's Pizza, Philadelphia
10. Fellini Pizzeria, Providence, RI