"Several Asia Pacific airlines are reporting worrying declines in average load factors as the year progresses, in a sign that rising travel costs and a slowing world economy are have an impact on demand.
- (Singapore Airlines) reports 3.2 points reduction in load factor to 79.2% in June 08;
- Mainland Chinese carriers report further steep declines in load factors in Jun;
- China Southern cutting executive salaries – symbolic move
- Cathay Pacific’s capacity surges 16% in Jun
- AAPA warns ticket price increases threaten to undermine growth;
- AAPA calls on industry to work together to reduce costs – airlines need to make some 'tough decisions.'"