Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Artful Dodgers of TSA Strike Again



Here's another report of theft by a TSA screener.

This particular TSA screener was charged with stealing $5,000 from a passenger's jacket on the X-ray conveyor belt at Kennedy airport.

Not noted in the story, though, is a salient issue: Passengers who are taken aside for those ridiculous whole-body machine scans are required to part with all of their possessions, including wallets, which are then pl;aced on the conveyor belt (out of sight of the passenger, who stands with arms raised being treated like a common criminal inside that machine unit) -- while the opportunity presents itself for an actual criminal to steal from things on the belt.

###

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It hasn't happened to me yet, but I've always thought about exactly this. When I eventually get pulled aside, I will refuse to do anything that would prevent me from observing my possessions on the conveyor belt. I will happily comply with instructions as long as my possessions remain in view. If they give me any grief (which I am quite positive they will) then I will simply answer that I am following the dictum repeated ad nauseum in all airports that we must keep our possessions in our control at all times.